KalemSoft Media Player for WebOS
KalemSoft Media Player is a media player application with support for streaming content from a remote PC. It can play media files with common codecs and containers such as
wmv, mp4, mkv, avi, ts, m2ts, flv, vob, ogg, h264, divx, xvid, rm, rmvb, wma, mp3, ac3, dts, etc. stored on the device (see below limitation for Pixi and Veer) as well as on a remote PC.
KalemSoft Media Player can also stream live content such as a stream from a video camera or a TV card (currently only analog TV cards supported) attached to a remote PC.
The streaming server is a separate application named KalemSoft Media Streamer that is available freely from here.
KalemSoft Media Player runs on all WebOS devices. Note that unlike the Pre/TouchPad version, the Pixi/Veer version relies on Palm's video player for playing files stored on the device, so the codec support is limited to that of the regular WebOS video player for local media playback. This limitation does not exist for Pixi/Veer for files streamed from the server.
- Can stream many different content types (non-copy protected media only)
- Can locally play many different content types (non-copy protected media only)
- Stream from webcams, TV cards or any Direcshow compatible capture devices
- Supports embedded SSA/text and external SRT subtitles with multiple language encodings (TouchPad and Pre3 only)
- Can record streams locally on the device
- Full screen video playback
- Can shuffle and play music and videos back to back
- Favorites list