Could not communicate with Kalemsoft directory service

Discuss WebOS Products
jdclover

Could not communicate with Kalemsoft directory service

Postby jdclover » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:01 pm

I have an android tablet and a webos tablet. Both are connected to the same network. On this network I have 2 computers, each running the kalemsoft media streamer. Their base ports are different and they each use separate accounts.

Both tablets were able to connect to the streamer without issue, now only the android version of kalemsoft can connect. When connecting with the webos tablet I get the error, "Could not communicate with the KalemSoft directory service. Please make sure you have internet connection."

The internet works fine on the tablet, I can even use a remote desktop client to connect to the computers that run the streamer using their IP addresses. The directory service is off on both streamers as I just want it to be able to run via the LAN. On the WebOS the KalemSoft Media Player is set to connect with the IP and port. Even if I change the info to connect to the second streamer, the same error is popping up.

Are there any suggestions on what I should try?

Mattrixx2014

Re: Could not communicate with Kalemsoft directory service

Postby Mattrixx2014 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:59 pm

Hi,

Sorry it's not an answer !
Since last week-end i have the same isue wtih my touchpad !

jdclover wrote:When connecting with the webos tablet I get the error, "Could not communicate with the KalemSoft directory service. Please make sure you have internet connection."

but in my case i use the directory service. i have trying without but same error message.

thank by advance if you any solutions.

kenth32

Postby kenth32 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:32 am

I am having the same issue. I think it is related to the root certificate update. Kalemsoft would probably have to do a software update to fix the issue, but seeing as WebOS is a dead platform it might not happen. They have migrated the player to Android and Blackberry and are leaving WebOS behind.

kenth32

Postby kenth32 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:51 am

Okay, I just went to the app catalog and they posted an update today. After the update everything works and they added some really cool stuff too.

Return to “WebOS Products”